TERMS & CONDITIONS
THESE GENERAL TERMS (the "General Terms") apply to members for the use of space and any other product or service provided by CambridgeSpace Limited, and its affiliated products.
1. The Member agrees to use CambridgeSpace by signing the Membership Form. The Membership Form, together with these General Terms apply to the use of CambridgeSpace as specified in the Membership Form (“Membership”).
2. This Membership will come into effect on the Effective Date and will continue until either:
(a) your Membership is cancelled by notice or otherwise agreed
(b) and if CambridgeSpace terminates these General Terms
(c). We do not adjust charges or pro-rata charges for bank holidays and community agreed closures
Cancellation policy and penalties; Down Grade and Suspension:
All memberships, with the exception of drop in 'PAYGO' requires 1 month's fee as deposit and require a 30 day notice period for cancellation or suspension. Deposit is refunded provided there are no outstanding invoices or conflicts. The deposit is returned to the account from which it was received; the receiver is responsible for any bank transfer charges.
(c) Downgrade of Membership
As a permanent member of a location, new members are permitted a 30-day cooling-off period. During this time, you may request a downgrade in membership without notice. If you decide to Downgrade, you will be charged a Pro-Rata fee based on your membership type plus a £6.00 admin fee.
Once the 30 days have passed, you are permitted to downgrade only once per year without notice and at any other time with a 30-day notice.
Please note that any downgrades cannot be adjusted from your deposit. The deposit will remain intact until cancellation of membership according to T&C’s unless you are downgrading to PAYGO.
(d) Membership suspension
Permanent members of a location are permitted to request a 2-week suspension once per year provided you have been a member for a minimum of 3 months with no outstanding invoices/dues.
Kindly email the request with a 30-day notice. We permit consolidation of days but with-in the same month. You may not roll over to the following month.
The terms of 2(C) do not apply to PAYGO and Virtual Members
Use of CambridgeSpace
1. Premises are open from 09:00 to 17:30 5 days a week. We will let you know if this changes.
If you plan to use the Space for just an half Day session, the timings are:
AM session 09:00 – 13:30
PM session 13:00 – 17:30
(Please note, we are not resourced to manage hourly usage for subscribing members)
2. Whilst you are in the CambridgeSpace you may not:
(a) reserve tables and chairs (e.g. by leaving papers, coats bags etc. on them) unless this is permitted in your Membership type; (However, you may leave your belongings on the desk which you are using in a tidy manner when you go for lunch/coffee/meetings, etc. (Please note, any items you leave behind will be left at the risk of the owner)
(b) use the CambridgeSpace as your business address or registered office;
(c) direct mail to the CambridgeSpace; or
(d) use our staff to collect your mail, messages or take your calls.
(e) CambridgeSpace is not responsible for organising or accepting delivery of any equipment, parcels or any other items on your behalf in relation to, or arising out of, your use of CambridgeSpace.
3. You must not bring a child under 16 into the CambridgeSpace who is not accompanied by an adult and seek approval beforehand. This also to be limited to a pre-agreed length of time.
4. You must not carry on any betting, gaming or auction sale, or do anything illegal or offensive, in CambridgeSpace.
5. You must clear your desk when you have finished working. We also appreciate it if you wash up any crockery/cutlery you may use for yourself.
6. Please be considerate of those around you when making phone calls in CambridgeSpace. We have indicated protocols of space usage and appreciate your understanding of the same.
7. CambridgeSpace has a strict No-Smoking policy. The closest permitted smoking area can be identified by a team member on duty and you will also be informed during you Member Induction.
8. The directors and extended team of CambridgeSpace reserve the right to terminate your membership if they have reason to believe that you are not following the values of CambridgeSpace and other members. Our values:
➢ Share success – Work together by helping each other learn & earn (what goes around, comes around)
➢ Be accessible – We're here to be amongst like-minded people while remaining productive
➢ Be considerate – We’re here to work together, so let’s make it pleasant for all
9. In consideration of CambridgeSpace providing CambridgeSpace membership, and performing its obligations under these General Terms, you agree to pay CambridgeSpace the Membership Fee per the rates as stated in the application form.
10. You will be responsible for all other resources and equipment that you may require to use the CambridgeSpace, at no additional cost to CambridgeSpace.
11. CambridgeSpace is a tenant of the CURUFC – As a result, there can be some disruption to the opening/closing times depending on the games season. While this is not frequent, we request the flexibility of our members to accommodate such requirements. The CambridgeSpace team will strive to keep all disruptions to a minimum and inform members as early as possible.
About your membership
You cannot use CambridgeSpace for longer than is allowed under your Membership type if you do so you will be charged for the difference.
2. You cannot use CambridgeSpace if your Membership expires, is suspended or terminated.
Responsibility for your personnel and guest
You are responsible for ensuring that your guests comply with the same member courtesy as you do, and we depend on you to convey any such guidelines.
2. Members can invite visitors to the Space for a maximum of 1hr for free. During this time, you are permitted to hold an informal meeting in the bar area, provided it is not in use by the club (please note, the club have priority of the bar's use and may want to use the space unannounced, so you should be prepared to vacate the area during the meeting).
Alternatively, you may sit with them during the free period on the couch or our comfy chares by the entrance.
Your guest may also wait for you in the main work area, but not at a work desk unless you/your guest are paying the hourly PAYGO fee.
3. If you require a more private meeting you may book and pay for the meeting room.
1. The fees for your Membership (“Membership Fee”) shall be set out in the Membership Form and payable to CambridgeSpace or its appointed representative.
2. You are personally responsible for any fees that you owe us. This includes any Corporate and business memberships.
All Membership fees are to be paid monthly; you must pay this in within the stated terms on your invoice via Standing order or Electronic bank transfer.
3. Your first invoice will be for the 1st months' usage; this may be Pro-rata based on your membership type. You will also be invoiced 1-month deposit equivalent to your membership type.
Please note that we have 12 billing cycles instead of 13 as a concession to our members due to the occasional interruptions but the Rugby Club and we thank you in advance for your flexibility.
We reserve the right to follow the below process for any late payments:
7 days late = 1st Reminder
15 days late = 2nd reminder. Membership will be cancelled, and your deposit will be forfeited – You will not be able to use the space until new membership has been reinstated i.e. new application, deposit, and advanced payment. You will not be provided the new member rights of a cooling-off period.
1. Designated CambridgeSpace volunteers/employees (the “CambridgeSpace Team”) will assist you with your use of the CambridgeSpace.
2. The CambridgeSpace Team will set up CambridgeSpace daily.
CambridgeSpace recommends that you take out and maintain an insurance cover suitable for the protection of your business including any activity undertaken at the CambridgeSpace (at no cost to CambridgeSpace), or accept the risks associated with not having suitable insurance cover.
Accident & Damage
You will promptly report any injury, accident, near misses and damage to any person, CambridgeSpace Equipment or property in the CambridgeSpace or CambridgeSpace’ Premises. You will be responsible for any damage to the CambridgeSpace, CambridgeSpace Equipment or property within the CambridgeSpace’ Premises that you, your personnel or your guests cause.
1. No confidential or commercially sensitive information will be disclosed or exchanged. You acknowledge that CambridgeSpace is available to members of the public and that you (including your personnel and guests) will not bring any private, confidential or sensitive information to any CambridgeSpace.
2. To the extent that you receive or come across any CambridgeSpace Confidential Information, you will keep it confidential and will not use, disclose or share it with anyone else.
3. CambridgeSpace Limited, may from time to time, quote what you post, use your profile picture or other images from social events for marketing purposes. By accepting these Terms & Conditions, you permit CambridgeSpace Limited to use this information for the stated purposes.
Limitation of liability - CambridgeSpace liability
CambridgeSpace excludes all liability in respect of any loss, theft or damage, to any property of any person that occurs in or on the CambridgeSpace or other CambridgeSpace' Premises during or in connection with your Membership.
You accept responsibility for the use of the CambridgeSpace, CambridgeSpace Equipment, Services and CambridgeSpace’ Premises by you, your personnel and guests.
2. You will indemnify (and pay) CambridgeSpace, its officers, employees, contractors and agents against any loss or liability which CambridgeSpace incurs as a result of any act or omission by you (or your personnel or guests) including, without limitation, any loss or liability in respect of any damage to the CambridgeSpace, CambridgeSpace Premises caused by you (or your personnel or guests).
Neither CambridgeSpace nor you shall be in breach of these General Terms nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of our obligations under these General Terms if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control
Your right to cancel
You can cancel your Membership by giving CambridgeSpace a 30 day notice period. If this is not met, we will reserve the right to withhold your deposit.
These General Terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding between CambridgeSpace and you in respect of the use of CambridgeSpace and supersedes any previous contract, proposal, representation or understanding. Each party acknowledges that in entering into the Contract it does not rely on, and shall have no remedies in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in the Contract.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The General Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or concerning the General Terms shall be governed by and will be interpreted under English law. All disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.